New Forum Member from Montana

Chukar007

Hello all. I recently found this website while trying to find information on new areas to hunt. I have lived in Helena for the last 10 years and moved my family to Billings this summer. I am pretty familiar with hunting and fishing in the Helena area. With my move to Billings, I'm starting all over finding places to hunt and fish. My kids will be old enough to hunt in a few years so I am excited to find spots where I can teach them to hunt. My 7 year old daughter and I have already made several 3 - 4 mile hikes into the Beartooths this past summer. Now that we live so close, I am looking forward to doing more exploring there.

Before Helena, I lived in Reno and spent a tremendous amount of time Chukar hunting in Northern Nevada. Its what I spent my time doing since hunting big game in Nevada every year is not guaranteed. I still make an annual trip to Nevada to chase those frustrating birds. Some day, as with all of us, I hope to chase a desert sheep down there.

I look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge here.

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about your families upcoming outdoor adventures. How was your Chukar hunt this year in Reno?

Welcome. There may be a red legged partridge fanatic or two on this board.

Sawtooth, haven't been down yet. We are headed down in a couple of weeks for the Chukar dinner in Winnemucca. People that I've talked to say its been a pretty good season so far.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back