Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New favorite saying and it deals with rainbows...

C17loadclear

Just watched 60 minutes... Not really sure about the segment as I didn't feel like both sides of the issue got equal time but I loved randy's rainbow comment.

Both sides did not get equal time, but overall I thought it was decent piece on Yellowstone wolves. I like the part where Randy said 'some people think wolves could give us peace in the Middle East and cure world hunger' LOL. (paraphrased of course)

I think it is interesting that 60 minutes chose to use basically the only two sentences from Randy that in reality had nothing to do with the Yellowstone wolf issue. I’m positive that Randy had much more important and thoughtful words that they could of used, but didn’t. I think they were trying their best to smear him.

I watched the segment as well and had much of the same thoughts as you guys. It was a decent overview of the wolf situation in Yellowstone for the general public. It would do have been nice if the editors would have included more of Randy’s discussion beyond simply a couple tongue-in-cheek statements. I guess that’s just the nature of TV; your thoughts and image as seen by the viewer are solely at the discretion of an editor.

My only real gripe was right at the very end there was a summarizing comment by Bill Whitaker that mentioned something to the nature of “ hunters and wildlife watchers rarely see eye to eye” (or something close to that). Just an example of general media, perhaps unknowingly, driving a wedge further between hunters and non hunters despite much of the common ground we share. Certainly nothing I have to argue to this group.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back