Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Elk Rifle

buckykm1

With getting older 65, I have got to the point that I am trying to lighten up on some of my Gear.
My latest thing to lose some weight was I just bought a new Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06 and topped it with a Leupold 3-9x40 with the long range reticle.
it is a little over 2 pounds lighter than my Remington Model 700 in 300 Win Mag.

with yesterday being so nice, I finally got a chance to take it out on my Range, 5 shots at 100 yards, 3 adjustments to the Scope, and needless to say I am impressed.
just Factory Ammo Winchester Super X 180 Gr. PSP. I would have liked to done 200 yds. too, but had a Doctors appointment to go to.
if my Accubonds shoot this good I will be a very happy Man.

Kevin

IMG_0840.jpgIMG_0849.jpgIMG_0850.jpg

Looks like it shoots like a 700!
The AB's will make you a happy camper.The elk is up to you.

Don't write off those Winchester Power Points for hunting elk. I had a new barrel installed on my Remington Mod. 700 .300 Win. over the summer. The Power Points were the only factory ammo that it liked. I was a bit disappointed as I prefer Nosler Partitions. I shot a nice 5X5 bull at 178 yards with it last fall. One shot. The old Power Points are not as sexy as some of the new ammo, but it still works.

I'm glad it's working out for you! I've been tempted by a Tikka for a long time. I guess recoil was tolerable in the -06?

I'm glad it's working out for you! I've been tempted by a Tikka for a long time. I guess recoil was tolerable in the -06?

I was concerned about recoil too, as lite as there are.
But I put the Limbsaver Recoil Pad on it, and it is very comfortable to shoot.

Kevin

Limbsavers work.I have one on my mz & it has less kick than my 30-30 by far.A Hogue overmolded w Simms pad built in makes my -06 shoot like a 243..but with a bang instead of a pop.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back