New carbon fiber build

Well, really, how much accuracy do you really need in a hunting rifle? Find a load that will hit the small side of a beer box at 50 yards and you're good to go. Don't spend all your time chasing that ragged one hole group when you could be out hunting.

:ROFLMAO:
I've got an infant and I'm the only one who works. It's a good hobby chasing ragged holes while I wait for the one time a year I get to spend a week hunting.

At least until I draw a Ft Riley Elk and an Antelope tag. Then it'll be 3 weeks out of the year

Well, really, how much accuracy do you really need in a hunting rifle? Find a load that will hit the small side of a beer box at 50 yards and you're good to go. Don't spend all your time chasing that ragged one hole group when you could be out hunting.

:ROFLMAO:
You serious Clark...

After wasting some components, I think I figured out that it's not bedded well enough and I probably should do that before going at it again.

After wasting some components, I think I figured out that it's not bedded well enough and I probably should do that before going at it again.
What makes you say it’s not bedded well enough? I assume it was bedded to the previous barrel when you bought it. Did you sand the channel/shank area out so it’s floated for your new barrel?
It’s not to much trouble to cut out the old bedding with a dremel and rebed it either.

What makes you say it’s not bedded well enough? I assume it was bedded to the previous barrel when you bought it. Did you sand the channel/shank area out so it’s floated for your new barrel?
It’s not to much trouble to cut out the old bedding with a dremel and rebed it either.
I did float the barrel, but the only bedding is around the recoil lug from the guy who built it, and there's not a ton in there. There's none anywhere else.

I did float the barrel, but the only bedding is around the recoil lug from the guy who built it, and there's not a ton in there. There's none anywhere else.
Does the recoil lug fit tight it? I’d also assume that McMillan probably at least has some pillars.
Wouldn’t hurt it to cut the bedding out and rebed the lug and tang at least.

Does the recoil lug fit tight it? I’d also assume that McMillan probably at least has some pillars.
Wouldn’t hurt it to cut the bedding out and rebed the lug and tang at least.
Not as tight as I'd like. And no, it doesn't have pillars. It must be a pretty old one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back