new bullet suggestions

as possible bullets to change to nosler partition or accubond or sierra tpped game kings

Ok, so we have 2 major changes to the rifle, and are blaming the bullets?

Some rifles perform better with some pressure in the forestock tip.
Also, i'm assuming you used something to accurately torque the base, and rings. Gorilla tight will throw off a scope.

got mounting kit with one of those special screwdriver no lock tight yet. Im just thinking about changing

will say i floated the barrel recently plus just got new scope.

Did you check the action? I have read that sometime's the action get's soft under the rear tang from cleaning solvent getting on it. I always bed the action in either glass or better, I think, liquid steel. If that rear tang bed surface get's soft you can pull it down tight and actually get a small bit of bind in the receiver. You might try tighting the front screw down and just getting the rear screw snug and see how it shoot's. If that help's tape around the barrel at the fore end tip, put bedding compound under the rear tang and tighten down the front screw. Tape at the front of the barrel channel is to keep the barrel from pulling down and taking pressure off the rear tang.

The action doesn't get soft. The stock under the action area could.
Although you'd need to be pretty heavy handed with the solvent.
And never take your rifle apart to clean/oil the bottom of the barrel and stock.

I got it figured out some how the lead sled we were using was causing issues once i,and took it out of sled and just used bags i was getting inch groups i'm still gonna try differnt bullet partition or stay with my interlocks

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back