New bow

cornfed

Looking at getting a new bow and leaning towards the Hoyt Vectrix.Any body have any comments on this.Having a tough time deciding on what bow to get.
Shot it today along with the bowtech bows and liked it a little more.Or is Mathews the only way to go?

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Hoyt Vulcan as well.

I think all of the "big three" came out with great bows this year. It's already August, only three, maybe four months till they bring out the 2008s. You might want to wait and see "whats new" or see if you can "get a deal" on a 2007.
I shoot Hoyt, but if I was shopping for a new one, I'd shoot the Mathewes Drenline before I decided. The only thing I have against Bowtec is the nearest shop is a hundred miles away.

I have shot Mathews for years and think they are great. My best friend and hunting partner shoots Hoyts and just bought a new Vectrix and thinks it kicks butt. Best thing to do is shoot a bunch and buy the one that feels the best in your hand and shoots for you. Also agree with A-con that it's late enough in the year you might want to wait for next years to come out.

schelmster

Bought the Vectrix when they first came out. Shot the Vulcan, Vectrix and Dreneline. The Vectrix felt the best to me. I'm not dissapointed at all in my decision. It's a great bow that I hope will last a while.

Thanks for the feedback.The hoyt dealer is the closest and he seems to have the most knowledge.He sells more bowtec but says everybody has been real happy with the vectrix bow.Infact two of the bows he has sold and setup the archers had a robinhood on their 6th and 10th arrows while just getting set up at 20 yards in the shop.Any feedback on what they are running for cost?

I've shot a number of upper end bows. You cant beat the Hoyt or Mathews.
The Hoyts use "cam and a half" technology while the Mathews use the single cam. The draw curve is considerably different. Bowtech is ok and if you have the opportunity, try a Ross.

I may be in the market as well. It has been 8 years since I did an upgrade but with the one I have it is not like I am terribly out dated (mathews MQ1) But i would like to try one of the new short axle to axle bows.
Those new Bowtechs seem like a nice bow too but i have not shot one yet, has anyone? I like the idea that you do not need a bow press for them

Well i shot the Mathews Drenlin, The Hoyt Vectrix, and the Bowtech Guardian and allegiance last night. I liked both Bowtechs the best. I thought the pull on the Drenalin was terrible and the poundage was right in the beginning making it harder to pull max pounds.
I really liked the idea of not needing a bow press on the Guardian as well and i thought it was the smoothest, and quietest of the bunch. I thought the Vectrix was butt ugly and had way too much rubber dampeners all over it.
The only drawback I saw from the Guardian was the extra it weighed, but that was not much.
Then i went home and shot the Mathews MQ1 i have had for 8 years and decided that that will do for another season:D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back