New bow sight for me a left handed shooter, having trouble with running out of room for adjustments.

WVgoodguy22

I put this new Trophy Ridge Joker 4 pin sight on today. I got it for $23 at a not so well liked large department store that I currently work for. It states on the package that it is an AMBI sight for us left eye dominate shooters (I am right handed with everything else), but it appears that with my eyes, etc... that I have ran almost out of room trying to sight in my 20 pin. The housing is dropped almost to the bottom, it is moved as far left as I can get and it is only half in, but still tightened down, and my 20 pin is almost at the top of the housing and I started it close to the middle. I dropped all the others to the bottom until I find my 20 then I will work on my 30, 40, and the 4th one for longer range target practice. (Don't plan on taking an animal outside of my comfort zone under 40)
I replaced the Apex 4 pin Bone Collector that I mistakenly took out two pins since all I was going for at the time is 20 and 30. Well now I am more confident and wanted a 40 pin. When I took them out I must permanently damaged the fiber optic connection since I tried to put a 3rd one back in and it doesn't light up.
What should I do? I really can't move the housing any further in any direction. My 20 pin is shooting at the level that I am aiming, just a bit left. I can't move anything else so what do I do. I can't afford a really nice sight that I can dial up and down, etc... but I wanted something for whitetail archery season that starts Sept. 28th and I have to save money for my trip to Idaho where I am tagging along with my Dad and brother who are rifle mule deer/black bear hunting and hopefully doing some fishing.
Thanks for any advice given.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    816.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    785.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 15
My wife is the same way right handed but left eye dominant. Have you tried using an eye patch to cover the left eye and shooting with your right. This is what my wife had to do shooting my rifles. She doesn't shoot a bow so I'm not sure how it would work.

My wife is the same way right handed but left eye dominant. Have you tried using an eye patch to cover the left eye and shooting with your right. This is what my wife had to do shooting my rifles. She doesn't shoot a bow so I'm not sure how it would work.
I am strongly left eye dominate, it is even worse looking down a shotgun with both eyes open I look diagonally across the rib. But no I haven't tried that trick. My bow is a left handed model as well. I know one could shoot it right handed with some training and closing my left eye. But I don't know it would be odd for me to switch now. I did recently buy a right handed rifle in .300 WSM after refusing to get a righty since I was so use to my left handed .270, but I shoot both left handed.

Something doesn’t look right. It should t be mounted that far left. However, If it’s hititng where you are aiming I’d say keep using it and sight in your other sights to hunt with as well. Sometimes new sights and older bows have mounting difficulties based on the alignment of screw holes.

I would take it to a local archery shop, and find a cheap LH 3-pin. On that last pic, you can see that the sight, although it claims it "ambi" has a curve in the main frame suited for max adjustment for a right handed shooter. For a long time I shot with a cheap 3-Pin (no micro adjust or any bells or whistles), and it worked just fine. you may have to be delicate getting a super precise tune with a sight w/o micro-adjust, but it's still better to have the correct handed sight and have the max adjustment, rather than trying to fight with your current situation.

Where is your anchor point on your face and what is your centershot set at? Also, you can slide your sight ring out of the mounting bracket. Flip the bracket over on your riser and re install. For most sights anyways.

Where is your anchor point on your face and what is your centershot set at? Also, you can slide your sight ring out of the mounting bracket. Flip the bracket over on your riser and re install. For most sights anyways.
I have a kisser button that I bring to the corner of my mouth. Oh okay I will have to check on that. I took it apart when I opened it. But I didn’t know that. Thanks 🙏🏻

Back