Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New bow on the way

Steamer

I ordered a birthday present for myself. I contacted Randy Nettinga with Mtn. Fever Archery in Garden City. This is a custom long bow. I was able to shoot several of his bows in his shop. I was surprised that his bows have little to no hand shock.

The price was excellent and he gave me a 3 week delivery date on the finished bow. I can't wait to get it. He was very helpful picking out the woods the bow will be made with. The bow will be made of Osage Orange, purple heart and bamboo with impala horn tips.

I can see now that hunting season is going to be great. I'll let everyone know how the finished bow turns out.

I don't know who is more excited about the bow me or my friends who want to shoot it too. :D :D

hell im excited for ya steamer, i want to see a picture of that when ya get it, everyhting sounded somewhat typical until you said impala horn tips????? is that for the limb tips ????? sounds like a great bow! i got my eye on one of Bob Lee's creations just got to budget it in now!:D

do you shoot traditional now ???? or just getting into it ???? im a novice trad. shooter and havent hunted with it yet but plan to soon! keep us posted!

I grew up shooting a recurve. Several years ago I traded a camper shell for a compound. I wish I had the camer shell back.
The compund was nice but I didn't have as much fun shooting it as I did a traditional bow. I went to a traditional bow show back in march in Ontario Oregon. Brought back many happy memories.
So I decided I had to get rid of the compound and get back to basics.:D

The impala horn is for the limb tips. I had a choice of different types of horn. I thought that once the impala was polished up it would look nice with the osage limbs. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

Congrats on the new bow!!! I started out with compounds but have been bitten by the trad bug myself. I picked up an older Pearson recurve for $52 off ebay!! Now, if I could just find the time to practice like I need to!! :( Hopefully, I will be good enough to use it some this season.

Steamer, is that Garden City, Idaho? If it is I never new that there was a bowyer there. Maybee a different Garden City? I'm talkin about the one near Bear Lake.

Yep Garden City, Idaho. That would be in a town that is surrounded by Boise. I didn't know there was another one in Idaho. Learn something new everyday.

If you want his number I can get it for you.

1_pointer I think you will like shooting with a traditional bow. I started out shooting a recurve. It just didn't seem the same. Sounds like you made a good buy. This time next year you will be looking to upgrade I'm sure. When the bug bites it bites hard. :D

Just keeping flinging those arrows. You'll get pretty good faster than you think.

Like Byron Fergenson says "Become the arrow"

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back