Caribou Gear

New bow input

Ah, I see. The blessing/curse of gift cards that are burning a hole in your pocket. I will be having Paul at SW/WO set mine up, and help me figure out things. I have a ton to learn with this tech stuff.

Anytime you want to shoot, let me know. I have not shot many bows, as most are not set up for guys our size, so no try-outs for me. I saw this one on Craigslist and jumped on it, knowing I could make it work.

Still need to get a release and arrows - not cheap!

Good luck!

SS

wait till you start messing with arrows...lol

there's spine and arrow weight and vane length to name a few...it's all so much fun....lol

but most of all...shoot alot and have fun!!!

And you don't need to be shooting 300 FPS to kill an animal, so don't let anyone sell you more than what you need as far as a bow goes. Plus with the short draw length, it'll decrease some of your speed. Good small diameter carbon arrows will give you good penetration even with slower speeds and choose a good chisel point head.

i agree with the speed issue. in my opinion, too many folks get caught up in the speed dept. i personally would take smooth and quiet over fast anyday. as far as arrow weight goes. the rule of thumb is 5 grains per draw weight. i shoot 80 lb draw weight with a 350 gr arrow. however i also shoot a 100 gr broadhead so that puts me at 450 grains and thats 50 grains over the recommendation. i also have a theory. were not supposed to dry fire a bow, right? well, when you thow an overdraw on there, shoot the lightest arrow you can find, and shoot a high draw weight, your dry firing your bow. weve owned an archery shop for over 20 years and i believe it decreases the life of your bow dramatically. just my 2 cents ya'll

Back