Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

new binoculars or a new spotting scope

westernhunter98

I am new to western hunting and I have an alright pair of binoculars and I don't have a spotting scope. so far I have 300$ to spend on a new pair of either and I will be getting around 700 next xmas so I am wondering which one should I bu7y now and which one should I wait on? and what ever one you choose what would you sudjest I get for that price and I will be hunting in Nevada bow and gun.

Ok now that I know I wan the binos I am looking at the vortex diamondbacks but I don't know if I want 8x42 or 10x50? I live in Nevada and will be hunting muleys elk and antelope and I am kindof shaky

My advice to you would be to use the binos you have now and save for something that is a step up from the Diamondbacks, like the Viper HDs or something comparable. I say this because it saves you from going through the upgrading process. Speaking as someone who bought what he could afford and then upgraded, in retrospect I would have simply saved up to buy one pair of binos rather than using a couple different pairs until arriving at ones I was happy with. Unless the ones you have are complete rubbish, I'd say try a bunch at the price point you'll be at around xmas and buy one pair when you've got the $. Buy good binos and make friends with someone that has a decent spotter until you've saved up for the one you want.You will use a really good pair of binos far more than you will use a mediocre spotting scope.

My $0.02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back