Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New battery tech to keep an eye on

The OP's article mentions that no investors were interested...there's probably a reason for that. If this was a viable product (good return on investment, meets environmental rules, etc, etc.) there is a TON of investment money sitting around looking for an opportunity. The fact that no investors were interested tells me that V redox is not viable (as currently imagined).

Also, $15M in research is peanuts in the grand scheme of things for the feds. DOE spends about $425M per year on "Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy".

DOE should be held accountable for following the rules, no argument there.

The OP's article mentions that no investors were interested...there's probably a reason for that. If this was a viable product (good return on investment, meets environmental rules, etc, etc.) there is a TON of investment money sitting around looking for an opportunity. The fact that no investors were interested tells me that V redox is not viable (as currently imagined).

Also, $15M in research is peanuts in the grand scheme of things for the feds. DOE spends about $425M per year on "Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy".

DOE should be held accountable for following the rules, no argument there.
Unless of course they didn't actually try, or try very hard...

The problem with this technology is it relies on an expensive element that is mostly available in countries that are not in our best interest to enrich at this point in time.

View attachment 232629
Four of the five primary battery unit minerals to build are controlled by China as well (the fifth - China is #3). Yet it baffles me that some value China holding THE controlling interest in America's energy.

I know you're not for nuclear though I'd rather be energy free of the #2 Super Power (currently).

Nuclear power is a future beyond the tiger's teeth.

There was also a new modular nuclear reactor was approved this week, I believe only 7 have been approved in the entire country.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back