Caribou Gear Tarp

New Base Camp

They have a pretty good selection, their detail guys suck. They left water spots all over the truck when they did the pre-delivery detail and I found the unused tube of paint protectant in the glove box so I have to find some shade and put that on myself t some point soon. I had an ok experience over all, but those little details and the way they treated some of my soldiers in the past made them my very last choice. I even considered a trip to Albuquerque or Midland but I didn't see any thing in their inventories that was appealing.

They have a pretty good selection, their detail guys suck. They left water spots all over the truck when they did the pre-delivery detail and I found the unused tube of paint protectant in the glove box so I have to find some shade and put that on myself t some point soon. I had an ok experience over all, but those little details and the way they treated some of my soldiers in the past made them my very last choice. I even considered a trip to Albuquerque or Midland but I didn't see any thing in their inventories that was appealing.

It's funny how the dealership can make all the difference. I've had bad experiences with both Chevy dealership in my area. The sales team was solid, but the service has been really spotty. One time it seemed like the guy went out an got lunch in my truck or something. Smelled like pizza and the seat was leaned all the way back with the radio blasting when I picked it up. They replaced the fuel filter and didn't flash the computer so it still read 0%. Shame on me for not checking as I drove away, I suppose. I love the truck but the service doesn't make me want to buy another Chevy and I've owned Chevy's my whole life.

The Taco I had I HAD to buy at Rick Hendrick outside of Bragg (yes I am putting them on blast) as it was the ONLY one in NC with a 6 speed at the time and I was PCSing-could not wait or travel. Used a USAA buying cert/settled price, had financing done before I got there and it STILL took 3 f$%^ing hours!! The sales manager was the single worst human in any sales environment I have ever had to deal with. I felt bead for the poor salesgirl as she was stuck in the middle. He started off trying to get 3 GRAND above the agreed upon price.......he was such a petty SOB that in the end when I forced his hand he refused to leave the dang floor mats in the truck. I went down the road and bought some at an Auto Zone for 20 bucks :) When the Toyota survey came I destroyed him, wrote a lengthy paragraph about it. The moron actually had the nads to CALL me after he got reamed out.....my filter was OFF and I let him have it before hanging up on him. Toyota does NOT appreciate that and the dealer out here was nothing but wonderful. Anytime you have dealership near large installations they get used to "poaching" poor little old Joe fresh out of AIT.

I have a 2012 crew cab base model 4x4 that I bought new. I had to order it through my local dealership because I didn’t want a TRD. I’ve driven it all over and hit 142k miles last week. The one regret I have is maybe not getting the long bed.
It’s the perfect truck for a single guy with a dog or two who enjoys the outdoors

Finally got my topper, built my sleeping platform and got out to do some scouting. Love this truck.

Attachments

• 20200628_153510.jpg
    20200628_153510.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200619_154602.jpg
    20200619_154602.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200619_145945.jpg
    20200619_145945.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics