Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Base Camp

kylemcintyre67

Well I went ahead and traded my 2wd Ram 1500 for something a little more off road capable. I got lucky and sold my motorcycle before this all started, put me in a good position to get what I wanted in a truck. I will be getting an ARE MX series topper and building a removable sleeping platform. I also plan to pull the rear seats out and build a platform for the dogs to ride. Other than that I plan to keep it fairly stock. The predator step bars will be going away, I told them I didn't want them and wouldn't pay for them. They left them on and took off the charge, so I get to turn them into a light bar or something more useful. 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road.

Attachments

• 20200419_121442.jpg
    20200419_121442.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
they make a great little pickup you'll have some awesome adventures. When is the truck tent coming? That seems to be a Toyota must have. They're sweet!

The only thing I didn't like about my Taco was the small bed.....and the fact that it was too nice for me to bring myself to beat it up :) Sure you will have a long and fruitful relationship !!

Attachments

• GEDC1084.JPG
    GEDC1084.JPG
    925.8 KB · Views: 21
  • GEDC1085.JPG
    GEDC1085.JPG
    928.7 KB · Views: 20
  • GEDC1089.JPG
    GEDC1089.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
  • GEDC0806.JPG
    GEDC0806.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Cade's buck 4.jpg
    Cade's buck 4.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 21
I owned my last Taco for 9 years and went on TONS of awesome adventures with it and I would go where most people couldn't with it. I also re-sold it for a stupid amount of cash! They are great trucks and I regret not buying an other one...

Two of my boys have newer Tacoma's. Great little pickups. They have added quite a few accessories to make them more adventure ready. Congrats.

Congrats on the new truck!!! I've been considering one for my self this year. What dealership did you go to? Poe Toyota or Fox Toyota?
I went to Poe. Fox didn't have any TRD models in their inventory. I was also considering Vescovo up in Cruces, but when I emailed their online sales guy once I got serious, they never responded. I didn't get Poe off the sticker very much, but I did get them up on my trade value and I didn't pay for the step bars that I didn't want. I was hoping to maybe make a few bucks back on the bars since they left them on the truck, no takers so far.

I went to Poe. Fox didn't have any TRD models in their inventory. I was also considering Vescovo up in Cruces, but when I emailed their online sales guy once I got serious, they never responded. I didn't get Poe off the sticker very much, but I did get them up on my trade value and I didn't pay for the step bars that I didn't want. I was hoping to maybe make a few bucks back on the bars since they left them on the truck, no takers so far.
Cool. maybe I should stop by Poe Toyota after work one of these days and look around... I work a few blocks away.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back