Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Arrival: Army to MT

Hi everyone. I just retired from the Army last month and moved to Helena, Montana to start my second career. I’m a new hunter; just started last year. Based on the timing of my move and the 6-month delay for resident status I did not submit for the elk/deer draw and did not get selected for antelope. This season I plan to get out on the ground, scout, and treat it like I had a tag, learning as much as I can...while also getting out fly fishing as much as possible.

Thanks for all the knowledge so far...I’ve been lurking for a couple months.
Welcome, congrats On the retirement if got 3 years left so little jealous. I’m from Helena to if your Interested in getting out with someone this season let me know be happy to show ya around.

Spent a week in Helena for work this summer. I hiked the power line trail on Mount Helena a couple times and found some prickly pear on the peak that is southwest of Mount Helena's peak. It's a pretty cool area.

Appreciate your service NSDQ! Best to your hunting and fishing. Well deserved retirement and great location to begin your R&R in the streams and mountains. Onto your Second career. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back