Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nevada unit 72 status

jmustard

Hello,
Coming to unit 72 on Sunday for elk. Anyone know the status of the roads or snow???

Thank you

Hello,
Coming to unit 72 on Sunday for elk. Anyone know the status of the roads or snow???

Thank you

I called NDOW and the Park Rangers in Elko. The roads are muddy with snow in some areas, which I am assuming at higher altitude. Passible with a truck. The Ruby's got snow also. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
My weather forecast calls for a high of 58 with a low of 42. There are some areas where the roads gets pretty greasy when they are wet but they also dry fast. Just be prepared for any weather that may come in while you are hunting. I can remember a few times when I was kid and my dad only had the family station wagon and we were hunting near Jarbidge being woken up during the night because we had to move to lower country. He didn't carry chains.

roads stunk in 73 but most are dry now. Just be careful. And they are thawed by 10 if froze in the am.

Rain on Saturday clouds through Monday. Lows on Monday expected to be at 28 degrees with %40 chance of snow. Tuesday Snow/Rain, should warm up 5 degrees on Wenesday, but not to much. Soo hold on to your nuts, it's gonna get frosty.

Home now. The roads were passable with 4x4 and some strategic driving. I actually only had 1 day to hunt and was unsuccessful. My friend had a minor family emergency, I got altitude sickness (I'm from the beach) and we were surprised at the cold low20's at night. Saw lots of elk, but couldn't close the distance in the short amount of time. Wish I had a bull tag because we were within 400yrds of 3 bulls!! I am bummed but learned a ton. I wish we had more time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back