Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nevada Pref Point Question

sdkhunter

Few question on Nevada... I may need to call them tomorrow but since it's the weekend figure I would do post an see if anyway has any ideas (or maybe their 'info' appears the same way) Been busy with family stuff the last few years and was thinking of just giving up on NV all together but just this weekend got the urge to get back in the game there assuming all my PP's are still valid...

I logged into their system and looked around and am a little confused. It almost appears that I have 4 PP's for sheep but nothing else - despite attempting to draw for the other species (mainly concerned with elk as that was my primary target when I started applying) and paying the non-refundable license each year....

Looking at my 'purchase history' on their website I have verified I bought a non-refundable license on their website in 06, 07, 08, 09 and also applied for what appears to me to be most species every year (my thought at the time was if I'm going to buy a non-refundable license why not, so that's always been my intention)... One thing that does look suspicious is that next to my 08 and 09 years it says "claimed" but I've never drawn a tag or received any refunds so I'm not sure what that means...

Anyone have any ideas why my profile is only listing PP's for Sheep?

license_NV.jpg

license_NV3.jpg

license_NV2.jpg

Hmmm. Just looke at mine and it is different than that. I think you need to make a phone call. Good luck.

It looks to me like you have not put in for 2 years and lost your bonus points, except for the Rocky's, which there is currently not a NR season for, so I think they are letting NR's keep their points. I don't get the claimed license, sold license. Mine only says sold license next to places where I had a tag. That's a bummer, I would call to make sure, but I think that's the deal.

http://www.ndow.org/hunt/apps/bonus/guidelines.shtm

A hunter's bonus points revert to zero in a particular species category when he is successful at obtaining a tag or fails to apply for two consecutive years.

looks like you skipped 2 years for all species except Rocky mtn bighorn. You have zero points all others.

That table does not lie. What does the application history tab show if you have proof you bougth a nonrefunded hunt license and applied for those other species in 201 or 2011 you should have some points listed. If it does not show you applied for anything in addition to rocky sheep in 2010 and 2011 you have your answer...you let your points expire.

I have no idea why they have the sold and claim lines for the two licenses in your chart, but you haven't done anything in 2010 and 2011, so you have lost all your points, except as was explained on the sheep.

But when you look at my non-refundable totals (all in the mid\lower 200's) for all years it would be impossible to just buy a license, apply for sheep and then nothing else for that amount of cash - the numbers just don't add up - that's why I'm confused.... Plus when I look at my 'application history', it lists other species (not just sheep), including deer and elk for all years....

I agree that it appears I just applied for sheep, but I can verify that's not the case unless it didn't like the fact that I probably switched units, etc around - which shouldn't cause any issues long as I'm continuing to apply for that same species every year...

I sent an email to the DNR to see what they have to say but may just have to call them tomorrow if they don't get right back to me tomorrow AM....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back