Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Nevada application deadline April 21st

T Bone

For Deer, Antelope, Elk, Sheep.

See NDOW's website: http://www.huntnevada.com/

If anyone prefers the hardcopy regulations let me know and i'll get a copy mailed to you.

T Bone

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-01-2003 15:38: Message edited by: T Bone ]</font>

T-bone, I would like a hard copy of Nevada reg.s
Can I order it from there web site ?
I think next year I might add Nevada to my out of state app.s, so I want to start researching the state now.
What are the odds on a good Nevada bull elk tag, about the same as winning a progressive jackpot ?

Anaconda,

send me a pm with your address and I'll mail you a set of regulations. The odds of hitting a nonres elk are slim, but it happens every year.

If you stick with it, you get pref points built up. But the non res tag alone is $1000.00 (one thousand). But there are some HUGE bulls killed in NV.

Tbone- I too would appreciate a hard copy.

Tyler Staggs
2084N 900W
Clinton, UT 84015

Can one just put in for pref. points for sheep? FYI, they are moving some of the Calif. Bighorns to the Deep Creek Mtns along the NV/UT border.

Thanks T, the reg.s showed up today.
Don't give out to many non-res bull tag do they ? Most units have only one tag.
Check you PM

Thanks for the heads up T-bone. Nevada was one of the states I wanted to start applying for some of the better deer units. If I remeber correctly, for most of those units you need points to have any shot at a tag and to get a point you needed to pay $111.

I would love to deer hunt Nevada someday, but I don't have the money to pick up points for the next 6 - 8 years.

I have always heard if I screw up with the BLM they will ship me to a Nevada office, so I guess there is still a good chance I will get to chase deer down there yet.
biggrin.gif

Mtmiller,

To aquire points you do have to pay the license fee. This is my 1st year as a NV resident so my odds of drawing arent' real shiny. NV's strong points (IMO)are the sheep numbers, and the elk herd management.

I put in for everything. elk, deer, antelope, goat, desert, california, and Rcky mtn bighorn. What would really stink is if I drew for more than one sheep species....I'd learn to cope with it though.

Im in for California and Desert sheep! If I don't draw, I may have to still come down that way and put my $111 to use on your Chuker or Snow @#)(#. Or it might just turn into a donation to Nevada Fish and Game. Money well spent either way!

Good luck all!

Paul

Paul,
If you don't draw sheep and want to come down for chuckar let me know. I've got a few good spots. The snow @#)(# is a bugger to hunt I've heard. They are considered the ultimate in upland game.
T Bone

T-bone, I hope you put in for that same elk unit I ask you about. I just got back from the Nevada web site filling out my on-line app. Fifteen non-res tags and about 1200 people putting in for em, (and I don't got no bonus points eather ). I aint holding my breath, but wouldn't it be a hoot if we both drew !!!

T Bone,

Thanks for the offer. I will make sure I look you up if I'm heading that way. Hope to go to FNAWS for sure and take a few extra days to hunt Chukar's

Paul

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back