Caribou Gear

Archers wanted for CA pig hunt Feb 21-23

T Bone

We are hunting Chopper's (Bigtusker here on hunttalk) place Feb 21st-23rd. Private 4000 acre ranch in Hollister.

Three hunters currently going. One from Idaho, two from Nevada. Room for 3 others.

Price is the cheapest around for a CA private ranch, this includes 2 day hunt, 2 pigs, nice cabin. License and tags not included. You won't find a private ranch deal better than this.

First come, first serve. Chopper's website is www.birdsandboars.com Respond here or send a private message if interested in more details.

T Bone

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-04-2003 06:11: Message edited by: T Bone ]</font>

T-Bone, What's an out of state tag cost?? This may be just what I'm looking for..

cool.gif

Dan,
If you are considering flying, Reno may work for you. You'd be more than welcome to ride over with my Dad and I, we have plenty of room in the Suburban.

T Bone

If you get caught using that 2-day license hunting pigs, they will cite you!
It is not legal for hunting big game and wild pigs fall under that classification in California.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-04-2003 08:55: Message edited by: bigtusker ]</font>

Hmm, That puts a different drift on things. I'll have to consult with Glen and see if he's still interested. I'll let ya'll know by tonite.

cool.gif

Chopper,
Another guy here in Reno is in. He'll get his deposit mailed off this week.

2 SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE!

Good luck guys, I wish I knew how to shoot those little sticks, but I dont so I'll look forward to seeing pictures and reading a good story.
smile.gif
smile.gif

This is a deal that can't be beat, 2 days and 2 hogs. Rumor has it that pig tags are gonna go up to $50 a piece for non-residents if the governor gets his way. he's gonna raise everything for both residents and nons.

Chopper,

Looks like we have the four of us right now. I've got invitations out to several, but they are not likely in going. From the looks of it, four may be it.

WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR TWO MORE BOWHUNTERS.

Will you please email me directions to the KMart in Hollister again? I don't recall where I turn left off the main drag. As we discussed earlier, we still plan on meeting at Kmart at 11:30.

11 days til I'm hunting!

Just checked the weather, looks good for this coming weekends hunt. I scouted this weekend, saw about 15 hogs yesterday and another 30 or more Friday. Cabin is now referred to as the "Lodge". Running water, hot showers and newly installed satellite television with pay per view movies.

Pay per view!

You must have rigged a generator up! The weather does look to be perfect, highs in the mid 60's. Good to hear you are seeing pigs.

We are ready! I'm getting the last of the gear together tonight. The broadheads are shooting great. Here piggy,piggy.

Chopper, I'll be giving you a call shortly.

T Bone

It's Tuesday, the hunt begins Friday! T-bone, I hope you are ready. My wife called yesterday morning to say the hogs rooted all around my house Sunday night. She had to cut the dogs loose during the day to run a hog out of my garage area. Should be a great weekend for a hunt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back