Nemont, MTMiller, Moosie

Big Sky

Hey you know what having to duck and getted goosed ain't so bad. How'd you boys do? We had seven guys on the goose hunt. Everybody got some shooting and killing in.
Geese05.jpg

Later a some of use wanted to chase ducks as well. MTmiller before you start counting ducks and dividing hunters the dude taking the photo was camera shy and wouldn't come on this side of the lens. It were fun!
Gooseandduck05A_original.jpg

Big Sky,

Good shooting, looks like your bud still has the birds dialed in.

I only hunted about an hour on Saturday so no birds that day. I had planned a goose hunt but the fields around here had gotten an inch of rain on Friday and farmers are a little touchy about wet fields.

Nemont

Nice work Troy. Counting and dividing ducks, would I ever do that? ;) :D

Job well done, but sure are a lot of brown ducks in that pile. ;)

Did you take them all out of the fields?

Season isn't open here yet ....

"Job well done, but sure are a lot of brown ducks in that pile."

I was gunna say that... but I wasn't going to Divide nothing ;)

Ummm last I checked gadwall's are pretty darn brown. Only three mallards in the whole pile. One female and two elipse drakes. Oh and one itty bitty blue wing teal.

BigSky,
Don't worry about those brown ducks too much. I have some in my bag also. Yes I shot two hen mallards and a gadwall. I had a real tough time picking out the drakes.

Here is what the drake mallards were looking like.

PA010282.jpg

Any way the grouse and huns were easier to tell apart

PA010281.jpg

I had a lot of volunteers for pictures but not one of them would pluck or gut a bird

PA010280.jpg

Nemont

Those drakes you shot actually have more color than the two we got. We were being pretty selective about which ducks we'd shoot. The guy wearing only a vest has a smoker and he claims that the best ducks to smoke are gadwalls so we sorted zeroed in on them. In a week or two I'll let you know if smoked gadwall is any good or not. I like those photos you have there. I'd much rather eat those birds you have on the right than waterfowl.

The birds I had scouted blew out after youth weekend (I'm not bitter, just stating the situation), so I tagged along with some buddies to a horrible water spot. Managed a gaddy and a barely drake mallard.

Hopefully this cold weather will push some birds in and get them into some fresh fields. I don't know if I will have the time to hunt when I get back from washington or not, I will only be home for a couple of days befoer I go to SD for a wedding.

all I want to do is shoot a honker, is that too much to ask?

BS, is that a lesser the second guy from the left is holding in his right hand?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back