Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nemo Switchback Ultralight Sleeping Pad

EJDXT20

Wanted to share my review of the Nemo Switchback Ultralight Sleeping Pad. I made this purchase last minute before my hunt last year. I purchased mainly due to my worry of my sleeping pad, (Thermarest Neoair Xlite), possibly being punctured, but also the fact we were going to sleep in my buddy's teepee tent, which did not have a floor. I could have taken a piece of Tyvek or similar, but then I would have still had the puncture worry. I am very glad I made this purchase. As far as weight, its only 10.5 Oz/300g. Comes in 72" and 51" lengths, both are 20" wide, (may be narrow for some people), It has an R-value of 2, (has thermal reflective coating on one side), and I really like the NEMO brand, lifetime warranty and such. We did experience snow, so laying this on the wet ground was great, and also experienced some rocky ground at one location, so I had the comfort of not worrying about puncturing my Thermarest. This is also multi purpose, so for a quick trip or a trip where I don't need a high R-value and don't want an inflatable, this is a great option. It also can be used to lie on for day trips, or can be taken along as use for a butt pad while glassing, not to mention the original intent of additional R-value and protection for an inflatable pad. I really liked it and would recommend it if anyone is looking for something similar.

www.nemoequipment.com

Switchback™ Ultralight Sleeping Pad | NEMO Equipment

www.nemoequipment.com

Back