Yeti GOBOX Collection

Neighbors are down a cat.

Here is a dirty secret that the City of Denver pet shelter doesn't want everyone to know. I had so many wild cats at my business in Downtown Denver that I started trapping them and dropping them off at the pet shelter. One day I am looking at this funky colored cat that I swear I just trapped a few days later. Didn't think to much of it until, I noticed another strange looking cat that I was sure I had trapped earlier in the week.
So the next cat I trap and take over to shelter the gal recognized me and we were making small talk about all of the cats I was trapping and I told her that I must be losing my mind as a couple of the cats that I had dropped off sure looked some I dropped off. She told me they probably were as the CAT Society picks up the cats and nueters/spray them and will try and drop them off somewhere near where they found- she didn't pick up on the fact I was trapping them as I was tired of my shop yard looking and smelling like a giant litter box.

They were using my business address that I had to fill in on the form when I dropped them off.

I never dropped off another feral cat to them after that and I started addressing the feral cat overpopulation without there assistance.

Last edited:
Here is a dirty secret that the City of Denver pet shelter doesn't want everyone to know. I had so many wild cats at my business in Downtown Denver that I started trapping them and dropping them off at the pet shelter. One day I am looking at this funky colored cat that I swear I just trapped a few days later. Didn't think to much of it until, I noticed another strange looking cat that I was sure I had trapped earlier in the week.
So the next cat I trap and take over to shelter the gal recognized me and we were making small talk about all of the cats I was trapping and I told that I must be losing my mind as a couple of the cats that I had dropped off sure looked some I dropped off. She told me they probably were as the CAT Society picks up the cats and nueters/spray them and will try and drop them off somewhere near where they found- she didn't pick up on the fact I was trapping them as I was tired of my shop yard looking and smelling like a giant litter box.

They were using my business address that I had to fill in on the form when I dropped them off.

I never dropped off another feral cat to them after that and I started addressing the feral cat overpopulation without there assistance.
Get a lawyer and kick their arse for that. Total abuse of privacy. Jeezus! Some people! Why didn't they give those bleeding hearts someone else's address? At least shuffle the cards better.

So the next cat I trap and take over to shelter the gal recognized me and we were making small talk about all of the cats I was trapping and I told that I must be losing my mind as a couple of the cats that I had dropped off sure looked some I dropped off. She told me they probably were as the CAT Society picks up the cats and nueters/spray them and will try and drop them off somewhere near where they found- she didn't pick up on the fact I was trapping them as I was tired of my shop yard looking and smelling like a giant litter box.

My daughter worked for an outfit that does low cost spay and neutering. Every Friday is called "feral Friday" because that is all they do, spay and neuter feral cats and return them to where they came from.

My sister had a little foo-foo dog, then one day she saw an eagle sitting in the neighbor's tree. She called me to asked if the eagle would eat her dog. I said that I didn't know for sure but if it did, she could then get a real dog and not worry about such things. She didn't like that answer and never let that dog outside alone ever again.

I don't like feral cats.
Not particularly fond of domestic cats, though I grew up with them.
The shelter releasing cats back at the pick up zone is asinine, but let's not lump all shelters as " bleeding hearts". They are simply cleaning up the mess of the heartless majority of citizens that are irresponsible with their pets.

I'm archery elk hunting in remote Nevada and had to make an ice run. It's 84 miles to town but about 60 of it is on a good gravel road with arrow straight stretches of 20 miles or so. I have my truck up to near 70 mph and I see something in the middle of the road far ahead. I get closer and see It's an eagle and I'm thinking he's going to fly, but he isn't moving. I let up and he's still not moving so it's time to tap the brakes. Still there. Hard breaking now and as I'm standing on my breaks he finally starts getting airborne. This guy had a full grown live jackrabbit in his talons and the rabbit was fighting for all he was worth! That eagle was doing flips, chandels and crazy eights trying to get enough altitude to clear either fence line bordering both sides of the road before I plow into him. I got slowed enough for him to finally get enough speed and altitude, but I must have followed him for about 200 yards. As soon as he cleared the fence he landed and if he had fingers I would have gotten one of them. Talk about stink eye.

Less than 20 miles later, an F16 comes into view straight at me about 100 ft. about the road doing close to mach 1.

Hellova ice run.

He absolutely hammered that cat. He had to hit it at over 100mph. It was awesome!
Sorry @DouglasR
1. I always make my cat promise to watch for hawks and yotes before she goes out.
2. If that thing ever touched Kittles McGill I would bait it with pork chops and chicken breast and place a .22 center mass.

1. I always make my cat promise to watch for hawks and yotes before she goes out.
2. If that thing ever touched Kittles McGill I would bait it with pork chops and chicken breast and place a .22 center mass.
They have probably 47 more of them living in the barn over there so 1 down isn't a big deal. Haha

make small talk with the shelter girl, find out the street she lives on, then give them your address on the same street

Sounds something similar to what happened to me before, sans the fixing and releasing. They repopulate like rabbits, stink to high heavens, and make a huge mess.

If you can’t keep your car in your yard then it’s feral. I’ve got a fluffy black one that keeps popping up around my house, annoying the dogs (which cannot leave the yard) and getting into the trash.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back