Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Need some information to help me go into debt (Video camera advise)

mtmiller

Well I am headed to WY in about a week and it seems like a good time to finally break down and buy a good video camera. I don't know much about them, so I am hoping I can get some advise from some of the experts here.

I am way to loud in the woods, so I need one that can zoom out there quite a ways.
biggrin.gif
I would also like to get one that is able to take good (print quality) stills. Do they make one with a remote, so I can be in the pic (still haven't trained the dog to take the pics for me)?
wink.gif

I am also curious what kind of battery life is available with recommended cameras. I thought Moosie mentioned he had some batteries that would last up to 6 hrs?

If anyone has specific suggestions, could you include a ballpark figure on cost?

Thanks guys.

mtmiller......I have two friends with digital video cameras and both love them. One is a JVC GR-HD1, I don't know what the zoom is on it but must be adequate.....and the other is a Canon ZR70 MC with a 22x zoom on it.....I am quite interested in the Canon but have not priced it yet.....you can get stills with high definition as well as the videos off these cameras.....Digital is the only way to go though.....Good Luck $$$$$

Found the ZR70MC advertised for $424.00

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-22-2003 10:58: Message edited by: whitedeer ]</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> and the other is a Canon ZR70 MC with a 22x zoom on it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Connon... Nuff said
wink.gif

I run the Old Digital Cannon ZR25. Thats the One I pull all my Stills off of. It's not the Best and the Digital Zoom on mine is only 10x and love mine.. So anything else that is Better I'd get for sure
smile.gif

ebay.com, Go for the Modle that is down from the Latest version.. Liek the Xr50 or 65 .... You'll save tons !!

Moosie, you will not regret this investment.
I have a Sony digital 8MM (forgot the number) and love it. It has digital camera (medium res) and all the bells and whistles including Niteshot which is a code word for night vision. Digital zoom goes up to 700X which is more than you'll ever need. Cost was around $700. Standard battery last over an hour and you can get up to 3 hour batteries.

Also got a great program called Pinnacle Studio which allows you to download and edit your video footage, add music and special effects for around $100.

I've heard good things about the JVC's too.

I hear the Sony's are good. But I'm set up with a Cannon and HAVE Days worht of Batteries. If anyone else needs any Batteries go to :

http://www.sabahoceanic.com/

They are BY FAR the best prices on the NET !!!! Show me a Better site and I'll kiss your feet !!! I have a Coustom made Pelican Hard/waterproof case for my video cam and 2-5 hour batteries and 2 2 hour ones. Before AK I'll pick up 2 more 5 hour batteries.

I also Use Pinnical, Fetching Awsome/Easy program.

The only thing I don't like is the Lack of NIGHt vision on my camcorder. It has LOW LIGHT. but doesn't quiet cut it sometimes on the bear hunting
frown.gif

I think I'm going to up grade to a Sony. I have purchased two "Sharp" brand cam corders, and have had problems with both of them. The first one went south about a week after the warrentie was up, and the second started eating tapes the first week, so I took it back.
I have several friends that have "Sony" and they are very happy with them.

Back