Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Need pointers on muzzleloaders please

$185 for that one new in the box. All depends on your budget I guess, knight makes a great muzzleloader as well. For the money though this gun has shot great for us and allowed us to put some funds towards some of his other gear.

Muzzleloaders are much cheaper than rifles. $350-$450 is a quality gun. I have a CVA Accura V2 and I paid just over $300 on a sale plus coupon. My variant of the Accura V2 came with iron sights and I removed the rear for storage and put a scope mount. Some come with scope mount which won't work for you.

Not an expert but have been studying . . .

From the NV regs you posted, here are a few things to highlight - and compare for other states. Every state is slightly different

1. Iron sights only if muzzleloader only hunt.
2. Can't use a bow if muzzleloader hunt. (Many states are listed weapon or lower so bow is fine with muzzie)
3. Primers are allowed as ignition source. (Some states require ignition source to be exposed to the elements)
4. Sabots are allowed. (CO is one state that doesn't allow them)
5. Scopes are allowed if used during rifle season.
6. .45 caliber minimum (this is pretty standard and .50 cal is standard muzzleloader)

I would use a sabot even if you later plan on hunting a state like CO later.

$185 for that one new in the box. All depends on your budget I guess, knight makes a great muzzleloader as well. For the money though this gun has shot great for us and allowed us to put some funds towards some of his other gear.

Thanks, my approach with new gear is to not worry about getting the best but concentrate on what works the best for the $$ and this seems to be in that lane.

Thanks, my approach with new gear is to not worry about getting the best but concentrate on what works the best for the $$ and this seems to be in that lane.
Yah I was skeptical when I bought the gun for that price. He wasn't really sure if he wanted to hunt that much then and I didnt want to spend too much for it if it wouldn't get used. I was blown away by how accurate it was. He's shooting 75 grains of blackhorn powder with 250 gr. Hornady sabots btw.

I shoot the Barnes 290 TMZ with 110gr of B/H 209 and a Winchester primer in my Knight. It’s a lethal and reliable combo. I’ve killed several whitetails with it and not had any of the issues I have had in the past with muzzleloaders, missfires, unreliable bullet performance, etc. I’m probably going to try either the Thor bullets or the no excuses and swap the scope for a peep sight for Colorado elk next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back