Need Partner Worse Shape Than You In Bear Country

My wife and I took horses back to the third meadow of Slough Creek in Yellowstone Park a number of years ago. From the trailhead it’s about a mile or so of climbing switchbacks through timber, then down to a series of beautiful meadows, flat but in full sun. On our way back after a day of fishing we arrived at the base of the trail to start climbing the switchbacks. There was a guy there leaning against a tree, trying to catch his breath, who looked exactly like the guy in this picture. He was out of shape, had the wrong shoes on and was exhausted from walking across the meadow in the sun. Our guide stopped and asked him if he was ok & he said yes so we continued on up the trail. When we got somewhere near the top there a black bear near the trail rummaging through logs & turning over rocks. Our guide just made a wide bushwack with the horses & bear paid us no attention. But I’ve always wondered what happened when the poor guy who was leaning against the tree made it to the top and walked right into that bear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back