Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Need help

montanadogs

I'm origianlly from Whitefish, Montana but joined the Air Force. I've finally got the orders that I want which put me back in Montana,Great Falls. I'm in a pretty unique situation; I get to Great falls Nov. 4th. As of right now I have no house (hopeing for one on base)and not to mention my wife is due Oct. 22nd. My family really doesn't know of any place to elk hunt east of the divide that isn't special draw. I will not really have any time to scout stuff out due to in processing the base, training and with the wife being due. Not to mention I have a 2 year old daughter. I want to get away the crowds but from what I've read it's kinda hard. I usally hike in a couple of miles set up base camp and then hunt from there. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

:)

Little Belts. 40 min from the base, Head east to Armington then south into the mountains. You will find a place that will suit you and still be able to get home in a hurry if you need to. twodot

I'd say the little belts as well. Good terrain and lots of elk...at least there used to be...I'm not sure with the wolves now how things have changed in that area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back