Need help with 3rd choice Wyoming

duckhunt

Going to put in our group application in wyoming for antelope type 1 tags. I have already picked our 1st and 2nd choice. 1st unit is 45.3% and 2nd is right at 40% draw odds. 1st draw in pp and 2nd in random. There will be 3 of us putting in. We want to go even if we don't draw the first 2 but the few units that are 100% as a 3rd choice look like a complete waist as far as public access considering the price of the tag. Just curious what you would do in thus situation? I feel that we will draw either 1st or 2nd but obviously not guaranteed.

Could apply for doe tags. Worst case scenario is you draw doe tags far away from your buck tags, but you'll be going hunting.

Could apply for doe tags. Worst case scenario is you draw doe tags far away from your buck tags, but you'll be going hunting.
We did that this year and just abandoned the cheap doe tags after we drew 3rd choice buck tags - but was a cheap backup plan.

Im already in for doe tags with my dad and 2 boys. My buddy and his wife only want buck tags.
Good luck. I don't have any other advice that isn't available in the drawing odds report.

I’d put in for a third choice if you really want to go. I’d also be putting in for the special. Ive only hunted 2nd choice units and based on those experiences, there are “guaranteed” third choice units I’d put in for if my options were no tag or third choice. That said, I might very well hunt a third choice and decide to never go back. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back