Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Need advice on Leupold VX5HD 3-15

Darren8167

Hey guys and gals.
My first time posting to this site but I have been lurking for a while. Seems like a good group of people. I have a rifle that my father in law gave me. He won it at a dinner and it had never been fired. It is a Tikka M695 in 30-06. I put a vortex diamondback 4x12x42. I didn't think I would like the gun as much as I do. I have some 168 gr TTSX handloads that shoot sub moa. I have been looking for a good excuse to upgrade the glass. Well I got it. I just bought my wife a mossberg ATR 100 in .243 Win. It was another dinner gun I bought for $150. I am going to put the vortex on it and I'm thinking a Leupold VX5hd 3-15x44 CDS with the fire dot. I can get it thru a friend for $805.

Talk me into it or into something different.

I recently purchased a VX6HD 3-18x44.
I am absolutely sold on the newest Leupold scopes. Great glass.
That is a great price.

If you haven’t purchased with your friend I know Predator Optics can get you squared away for an awesome price.

I've owned a lot of scopes, including Zeiss and Swarovski, and I own Leica binoculars and spotting scope. This Leupold VX-5HD I have has amazingly clear optics that is in the same class as those other companies. I am impressed with it every time I look through it. I do have the custom turret on it too, but it is too soon to tell how reliable it is yet. I just got the turret and haven't had a chance to mess with it and check its tracking capability out yet. Again, I am totally impressed with this Leupold scope.

Your friend's price is around 50 bucks more than what I can get for you

I'm getting one from schmalts and I cannot wait to see it. I'm pretty jealous that it's going on my wife's rifle and not mine haha

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back