Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nebraska

Just sent a reminder to my buddy who is a die-hard Nebraska fan that the Jayhawks now have doubled the Huskers win total for this year. Waiting on his response now lol.

But seriously, Frost's butt has to be burning from his coaching seat after this loss. Far cry from his UCF days...

I know that Nebraska has a womens bowling team….no idea they had a football team.
They are rescheduling next weeks game. Nebraska's football team will be playing the women's bowling team instead of Oklahoma. Should be close if the men's defense can play better than yesterday. Will have to wait and see.

Texas might actually be back this time. At least on the right path.

Texas might actually be back this time. At least on the right path.
They have a secret weapon: Gary Patterson. That guy designed defensive schemes with second and third tier talent and stayed in the chase for years at TCU. With the Texas roster, look out.

So glad I found this thread. Husker football is an embarrassment to the state for those of us who don’t drink the kool aid. A group text with 3 buddies this summer discussing what the 2022 record would be. They all said 9-3 or 10-2. I said 3-9 and they got pissed and called me a hater. What in the world gave them the idea Nebraska could be good I’ll never know. We’ve sucked for 24 years.

I’m just glad I fill my falls with hunting and not worried about football.

Has to be seriously hard to recruit top kids to Nebraska. Why would they ever choose Nebraska over other programs!

Has to be seriously hard to recruit top kids to Nebraska. Why would they ever choose Nebraska over other programs!
The only way Nebraska was ever good was the system. Run the ball, and recruit a bunch of strong farm kids that grew up wrestling steers and throwing hay. Fill the skill positions in with out of state recruits and just wear people down for 4 quarters.

The only way Nebraska was ever good was the system. Run the ball, and recruit a bunch of strong farm kids that grew up wrestling steers and throwing hay. Fill the skill positions in with out of state recruits and just wear people down for 4 quarters.
Actually Urban Meyer talked about that during the game today. Nebraska was the first in the nation to hire a strength coach and nutritionists and dominated line of scrimmage on both sides for more than a decade.

OU left physical football behind for the air raid but with Schmitty back and Venables running the show looked pretty physical today.

And kudos on Venables for not running up the score. Could have been 4 more touchdowns easy.

Actually Urban Meyer talked about that during the game today. Nebraska was the first in the nation to hire a strength coach and nutritionists and dominated line of scrimmage on both sides for more than a decade.

OU left physical football behind for the air raid but with Schmitty back and Venables running the show looked pretty physical today.

And kudos on Venables for not running up the score. Could have been 4 more touchdowns easy.
I woulda ran it up. Nebraska linemen in the “glory days” were not prototypical 6’ 5” guys with long arms, they were a bunch of 6’ fire plugs with short arms that were as big as most peoples thighs. I have a good buddy that I’d 6’ 260#, never lifted a weight in his life, and his arms and legs are 2x bigger than mine at minimum. He would absolutely rag doll me if he wanted to. Those are the guys Nebraska used to get. Not anymore.

I wasn’t a great player, I got offers from quite a few schools, all division 2 and walk on offers from a few small D-1 schools. I slong with every other kid growing up here wanted to play at Nebraska. Bill Callahan was the coach then. Stories of older guys from the 90’s said that Tom Osborne would let anyone walk in and show what they had. Callahan told me and the 3 other small town kids that wanted to walk on that we weren’t worth his time.

I had no illusions to be a good division 1 player, but me and the other kids there would’ve played so damn hard every snap in practice just to fly down the field on special teams. The heart and give a damn on a team is a bigger factor than a guys measurements.

It may sound like sour grapes, but at the end of the day I’m glad I didn’t go through all that and get my body beat up in D1 ball. I would’ve gotten thrashed, but probably would’ve loved every second of it. I got thrashed playing small school ball. 🤣

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back