MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nebraska Muzzleloader

freu1chr

Going to head to Nebraska for the muzzleloader season next week. thinking of heading to the sandhills and pine ridge unit. I am wondering if there is anything that i should take into account or try doing that might make this hunt alittle easier or better.

Never been, but just be prepared for snowy roads looking at the forecast. Make sure you have shovel and all the other emergency gear just in case.

Also, if you will be a ways from the road, a game cart(or sled) or quartering in the field will help a ton.

Good luck and update us once you're back.

Also side note, how far do you feel comfortable shooting your muzzleloader? For me 100yds all day, 125 probably the max of extreme comfort and 150yds a hard no further. Just curious how other people do

I have a good scope on my muzzleloader and i feel comfortable shooting out to 300 yards with it.
Very nice! SD only allows 1x scopes, so that really limits me personally. I really should test with a 9x to see how much better I can shoot, but it really wont make a difference since it's illegal here...

As posted prior, be prepared for snow and bad roads. A good snow storm is coming in tonight. Some 40 degree weather the following week will make some roads greasy. If you camping I would suggest bringing firewood. It will be difficult to find any in the sandhill. Pine Ridge will be picked through, but you can purchase some there. Chadron SP is a nice place to get a cabin if you dont want to camp.

Can you advise what ML rifle you are using, and what load ? I am experimenting with some loads to gain a bit of range.

Sorry guys never ended up going because where we were going to go had so much snow. Thought about going again this year but shot 2 bucks and 1 elk I don’t need anymore meat this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back