Nearly drown the dog Saturday but he got his goose

powderburn

I took the other twin Leadfoot [Brent] down to shoot some ducks on Saturday. I've got 6 sloughs that I like to jump shoot, the problem is you have no idea whats on them until you sneak right up to the edge on stand up. Well there were no ducks but geese had moved in over night. We dropped 3 geese and the fun began for Koda. The first two were fairly close to the edge so he made short work of bringing in those two. Thats when it got interesting. Koda took off after the wounded goose that was swimming for the opposite side of the slough. He was gaining ground on that goose and the goose was diving every time Koda got to close. The goose would come up about 20-30 ft away and the chase would be on again. This went on for about 30 minutes before I ran back to the truck and drove around the slough to get close enough to finish the goose off. There was no calling off Koda and I'm sure he would have drown trying to retreive that goose.
DSC01368.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

Too bad kids aren't that loyal or determined. THat's agreat dog you've got. You should be very proud..

:cool:

Way to go Koda. Gotta love the expression on a dogs eyes when the birds dive. :eek:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back