Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

ND pheasant - thoughts for a nonresident?

Been going to ND for a lot of years. I agree that the coyote cost sucks as I usually get a chance while pheasant hunting, but since I don't target coyotes and treat them as a potential target of opportunity, I pass on the license and the opportunity to shoot them. The 2 week deal for pheasants is workable, but I wouldn't say it is friendly to NR. Not being able to hunt the first week (or weekend?) of the season is not NR friendly. Giving out numerous landowner elk tags is just plain stupid when even residents can't get them. I know someone very well who drew an elk tag and the landowner tag holders were absolutely jerks with their entitlement attitudes. I also hunt MT and WY a fair amount and have hunted CO and ID all as NR. I would rank ND fairly low on the NR friendly spectrum. Each state has their pros and cons and I love the hunting I do in ND as it is fairly close so it is what it is and I can either accept it and come or stay home. That is just my .02 and I don't think anybody will pay even that!

I didn't go out last year, but how it was in the past you buy a license that is good for two 7 day periods. First week I knew what days I would hunt because I'd buy it the night before. The 2nd week I would put as the last week of the season because you could always go back in and change the dates. Did it change?
I go there almost every year and you have to pick th first 7 days when you buy the license but can leave the second period blank. Before you start the second 7 day period you can just go online and choose the days, then print it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back