Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

ND Mule Deer Scouting

hardscrabble

I made it out to the badlands for a second scouting trip this past weekend. Trip number two was much better than the first. We found three good bucks to go after this fall. I was only able to get pictures of two of them but did get a little video of the third one.

I have really fallen in love with this buck. I spotted him changing bedding locations in the afternoon and watched him bed back down.

Soda 07-09-11 (24).jpg

Soda 07-09-11 (27).jpg

I think he was extremely constapated, he crouch over this one for a long time. I kinda felt bad for the poor guy.

Soda 07-09-11 (28).jpg

Soda 07-09-11 (32).jpg

I saw this buck a couple times last year with one close incounter. I figured him to be a mid 160" buck last year. This year he is alot wider with good beam length. Hopefully he puts on some tine length in the next couple weeks.

Scouting 07-09-11 (88).jpg

Scouting 07-09-11 (16).jpg

Scouting 07-09-11 (9).jpg

Scouting 07-09-11 (17).jpg

A few others that came close by.

Scouting 07-09-11 (21).jpg

Scouting 07-09-11 (30).jpg

Scrabble, I didn't know that T.R. Nat'l Park had any tags available ;). Those bucks look good, and like you said, should add some nice tine length by November. Good luck!

Hardscrabble,

Great looking bucks. It's nice to see a few survived. I was out last weekend two with the kids snooping around a bit. We saw a few. Enough to blow the dust off of the bow. Good luck to you guys this fall.

I'll be out there Friday evening poking around myself... granted I'll be looking for elk in E4. I've not spent any time in the badlands since 2004 when I moved to MT and I'm very curious how much the area has changed with the influx of oil development.

Thanks for the pics... I think I'm only going to have one bratwurst for lunch today now...

Good pictures. The weather looks a little bit better now, than when you go after them later this year.

Very nice! I spent last weekend out there myself and took a few photos which turned out crappy...have a great season and I am looking forward to seeing that one and you in the same photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back