ND moose

NDMuley

I am not good at writing story's but on Saturday my great nephew was able to harvest a beautiful bull moose. We hunted 2 different weekend with bow but we were not able to get close on the many Bulls we seen. This Friday the rifle season opened and we were back at our spot looking for 1 of the shooter Bulls we had seen. Had 2 smaller Bulls at 200 yards but he decided to pass. That evening we seen 1 small bull.

Day 2 started back at the same spot. Seen a moose moving across the meadow. We put on our wanders cause we had to cross a stream to get on the same side. The moose disappeared so we started making our way in its general direction. After about a 1 mime walk we rounded a corner and spotted 3 Bulls about 500 yards away.

So after making our way as close as we could without spooking them we get him set up for the shot. Range is 380 he dials the scope and settles in. We ask him are you steady and his response is I am shaking so much I can't hold it on him. Ok take some deep breaths and relax. After a minute he is cal.ed down and says I am ready to shoot. Nephew and I say go ahead we are watching in the binos. We hear the Crack of the rifle.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back