nc hog hunt

skimerhorn

Looking at going on a hog hunt with dogs in nc at the end of dec. Anybody ever heard of cribbs creek outfitters or know anything about them?

I googled them to see where they are at in NC, which is in Anson Co. I hunt Anson county all the time and have never heard of them.
Pigs have been increasing in that county for a few years, which have come up from SC, which Anson Co borders. However, like I mentioned, I hunt in that county and have for over 20 years and have yet to see a pig, but my son did have a group of little ones in the thicket in front of him last year but could not get a shot. Saying all of that to say, they`re here, but not in huge numbers. I will also have to say that I am on the opposite side of that county and the numbers are higher around Polkton where this outfit is located.

Last edited:
Never heard of them, but then outfitters aren't too common here. If headquartered in Polkton they most likely hunt the Pee Dee River bottom and adjoining farm land, so chances are probably good for success.

They're in polkton at least a few of you say there are some pigs there chances might be a lil better with the dogs.

They're in polkton at least a few of you say there are some pigs there chances might be a lil better with the dogs.

Definitely better since the hogs tend to be nocturnal unless totally unmolested. You might like dog hunting; kinda gets your blood up when they're in full song. Not for everyone and I won't argue the ethics of it, but there are different traditions for different areas. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back