Caribou Gear Tarp

Native hunting rights

As far as being Native American(NAVAJO) we have better record keeping. we have to turn in harvest report after the season is over, otherwise no hunting for the next hunting season.

I ran into a similar issue, fishing related... A great river for pike, trout, bass (large and small) along with the assortment of other sqaw, perch, whitefish, etc...
Hiked my tail into an area to fish with my float tube where it does not open until later in June each year for 15 (-) hp motor boats. Purpose is to stop 15 horse motors from interfering with the spawn. If it keeps the fishing good - Great! I think that is good action.
While fishing a sink hole, here comes a boat, motor running right into the sink hole I was perched in my float tube. The gent pulled up to speaking distance and asked how the fishing was...
During our conversation, I mentioned no motor boats are permitted currently, he was a week or two shy of legal motor operation - though was advised he was Native American and are not bound to the regulation. What about the spawn aspect? Meh, learned a few good fishing tips for the river I would otherwise not have known, I suppose. :confused:

Belly-deep,

Thanks for the insight. Ya, being part Native American myself I did get the point. In fact, I believe you did not get my point. I was drawing a comparison to the suggestion of Natives getting certain rights if they use ancient technology and some of the stuffy people I see that think they are hunters because they can pull the trigger on an advanced weapon that they know nothing of its heritage.

But again thanks for your "validating" perspective.

Now, moving on. Smile life is too short to be short sited.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back