NASCAR Fantasy 2023

I know not everybody is a fan of speedway racing but this race is way more entertaining than probably the last 10 years of Atlanta races that I remember…

this is race is super exciting! Loving it.

Will Brad regret coming in? Will the race be called here in a few laps at restart? So much fun with this drama!

By the way, my picks blow. Hamlin, Bowman and Bell all dinged in that last wreck...week gone down the toilet in an instant

I feel like us fans got robbed. That was an amazing race with lots of positions changing and drivers really fighting for position. It was very clean as well with the exception of LaJoie who still doesn't know how to drive. Made for basically non stop intense laps to watch.

In my opinion, Atlanta has easily become the best track. It has the superspeedway type racing feel without the unavoidable stupid big wreaks. I know the drivers hate Daytona/Dega due to the fact that the entire race you are kept with a death grip on the wheel and I feel that at Atlanta it allows them to race just a little less tense. There also seems to be a lot of skill involved with learning and determining when the best time is to pass someone and there is a lot that goes into using the draft to your advantage to make passes.

I feel like us fans got robbed. That was an amazing race with lots of positions changing and drivers really fighting for position. It was very clean as well with the exception of LaJoie who still doesn't know how to drive. Made for basically non stop intense laps to watch.

In my opinion, Atlanta has easily become the best track. It has the superspeedway type racing feel without the unavoidable stupid big wreaks. I know the drivers hate Daytona/Dega due to the fact that the entire race you are kept with a death grip on the wheel and I feel that at Atlanta it allows them to race just a little less tense. There also seems to be a lot of skill involved with learning and determining when the best time is to pass someone and there is a lot that goes into using the draft to your advantage to make passes.
I agree, I think it puts on some great racing.

I’m not sure that if the rain wasn’t coming that we would’ve gotten that much intense racing that fast. I am all for shortening some of these cup races tho, I don’t think they all have to be 400-500 miles. The amount of time remaining pushes them to be more active, if you run 400-500 miles there’s not a ton of incentive to push hard for most of the race outside of the stages.

I agree, I think it puts on some great racing.

I’m not sure that if the rain wasn’t coming that we would’ve gotten that much intense racing that fast. I am all for shortening some of these cup races tho, I don’t think they all have to be 400-500 miles. The amount of time remaining pushes them to be more active, if you run 400-500 miles there’s not a ton of incentive to push hard for most of the race outside of the stages.
When stage racing started, I really hated the idea. I thought it just took away from those cars that were able to figure something out early and have a great car all day. However, I have grown to actually like it and what it does for the competition within a race. Way more strategy involved and I'm all for strategy over talent any day of the week.

Maybe they keep the races just as long but put more reward into the stages.

When stage racing started, I really hated the idea. I thought it just took away from those cars that were able to figure something out early and have a great car all day. However, I have grown to actually like it and what it does for the competition within a race. Way more strategy involved and I'm all for strategy over talent any day of the week.

Maybe they keep the races just as long but put more reward into the stages.
I had the same feeling when they started the stages, it’s turned out well! I’m just not sure with the attention span people have now that there’s any reason to try to tie people down for 4-5 hours when you could get the same entertainment in 2.5-3. This is especially true through the summer when it’s hotter than hell where they’re racing. Also, at least the races I’ve been to, the tracks don’t do a good job managing Wi-Fi and phone service. That has to change if they want fans actually in the stands nowadays. I thought it was $$ related but if NASCAR can spend $40-50 million to create a track in Chicago they can update their own tracks.

I would probably take some value from the stages, I think awarding the points is great and maybe they could add a few for the top 5 but I’m not a believer in the playoff points. To me (and any other sport) once you’re in the playoffs nobody really cares what you did in the regular season. It shouldn’t be possible to all but guarantee a slot in the championship from the regular season. You have a bad set of races and you shouldn’t advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back