Caribou Gear

Mystery Ranch Marshall

EastTNHunter

Any thoughts on these? I was able to pick up one of the older models that had only been used twice for a pretty good price. I can’t seem to figure out how to access the meat shelf, or “overload” function as they call it.

I’ve never had a nice backpack before, and this one seems to be very well thought out and has lots of nice features that I’m not used to. Plan to use it for a few days/nights out in WY chasing muleys and pronghorn next fall with my dad and brother and a friend… if we can draw tags

I would google how to use Mystery Ranch Metcalf videos. Find one that looks like your bag/frame set up and give it a whirl. Mystery Ranch does a
Good job of showing how as well.

My hunting partner and I run them. I can't imagine going back to a different bag. So easy to load up meat on the shelf without using the bag. Have another friend with a stone glacier. Way to many straps, and he can never seen to load his shelf right. I think the Marshall is a little heavier than needed to be but it has held up to a lot of packouts. I think I am up to 15 animals so far. The way it carries a heavy load (#100) is amazing. Packed out a elk hind quarter with all the backstraps and tenderloins, no problem. If you can carry it, the pack will stand up to it!

I’ve messed around with it a bit. Enjoy carrying it afield. Unfortunately mine doesn’t have the top buckles so it takes a little more time and hassle to unthread the straps and disassemble it to utilize the meat shelf. Nothing major, just something that the newer version seems to have simplified

Old thread but I love my Marshall. Sold all my hiking backpacks and just use it for hiking and hunting now

Back