Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mystery Ranch Longbow add on pockets

Clawsar

I day hunt 90% of the seasons (archery and rifle) but may do one or two trips for two or three nights backpack hunting. I bought the MR Lingbow last year before they announced their new line of hunting packs and love it completely for the day hunts. For the backpack hunts, I wish I had just a bit more room.

MR used to make side pockets that could be added (rip zips or long) but I can't find those anywhere used and the currently aren't listed on MR site. Has anyone used other pockets? Maybe Kifru side pockets? I just need room for either my food and stove separate or my hammock insulation.

Thanks!

Have you thought about getting one of their daypack lids and just using a sil-nylon drybag underneath it for your extra stuff? It is easy to then drop off your pack once you hit your camp site.

I had seen it and heard some mixed reviews. I heard some say it was too floppy, but if I used t as a food bag then it wouldn't come on the day hunts so maybe that is irrelevant. I did see a few posts about usin it as a shooting rest and thought that would be petty slick.

Any other thoughts?

I had seen it and heard some mixed reviews. I heard some say it was too floppy, but if I used t as a food bag then it wouldn't come on the day hunts so maybe that is irrelevant. I did see a few posts about usin it as a shooting rest and thought that would be petty slick.

Any other thoughts?

As for floppiness, I would call it more slack that you would have a hard time pulling out. As long as you have a drybag with stuff under it, you would be fine. I would definitely drop it off of the longbow once you drop camp. I do leave it on my Metcalf when day hunting, and just run the top cross strap between the two pockets on the lid.

In the pick the strap is running right under the barrel of my rifle, and it keeps the lid nice and secure.
MT Elk 2015 3 - upload - Copy.JPG

Received the daypack lid today and think it will be everything I need. Thanks guys, so far a great forum with lots of help.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back