MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My son's second Coues Deer (Unit 23)

Vinnie B

We started our hunt on Fri. morning. Went to the Beeline cafe for breakfast and off to our glassing spot. We seen whitie does and fawns, no bucks. Second day we saw mulies and whitie does and fawns. All the deer were bedded up at 8:30 in the morning and up 30 min before sunset. Hotter than heck in Az. this week. Glassing all day long and trying to keep a 11 year old interested is challenging. On Sunday we went for another all day glassing adventure. Glassed more whitie does,lots of mulie does and bucks. At 9am I glassed a little whitie buck feeding down a ridge about a mile away. I set up the spotting scope so my boy could take a look at him. I knew he wasn't very big but I wanted him to make the decision(he wanted a bigger buck than last year and this one was about the same size.) He asked is he bigger than my last buck? I told him about the same size. This kid has better wilpower than most adults I know. We went to see if we could even get on him when we did we got to 250 yards and he bedded down as soon as we got there. All you could see was his head and neck. We crawled around some trees to see if we could get a shot but we couldn't. After about 30 min. the sun was starting to move and he got up. That was his mistake. My boy said I have plenty of time to kill a big buck I want to shoot him. One 234 yard shot and a big thud and it was over.

I have pics if anyone can help me post them I would appreciate it.

The deer herds are looking better in 22 and 23 than I have seen in quite some time. Almost every doe we saw had a fawn with it.

vincecouse.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back