My New Truck Tires

Should be good for mud & snow. Some of these new agressive tread designs have quietened their road "whine" quite a bit.

I went with them because of the slightly more aggressive tread design than I was seeing in most of the other All Terrain type of tires I looked at. Actually the other tire I almost had myself talked into was a Cooper mud tire (the STT, and really nice tire BTW.) I'm saving over $200 by going with this one. hump

You made a very good choice, Duelers have enough tread for off road, but run quiet on the road and last as long as any truck tire made.

Yes, I've run through several sets on Toyota 4X4s
Averaged about 60,000 miles a pair, thats really good life for a truck/4X4 tire.

Oh boy, the way this is going it will have to be moved to Sportsmen's Issues. :rolleyes:

And here I was trying to post something that wouldn't be controversial. :D

Let's get back on topic. Somebody tell me how these tires suck.

Yep, the ethics monitors will admonish us. Go buy the tires...you can deal with the buyers' remorse later...or send them back...(sounds like a good warranty).

I had some Bridgestone "Desert Duelers" on a Mazda 4x4, and they lasted until I sold the truck - over 70,000 miles. I was pretty happy with them. I only got stuck once, when the ground was dry on top but wet and soupy underneath, on a sharp turn on a hillside. When I had to turn and lost momentum, the truck just sank. Not the tires' fault!

I was roadhunting varmints and mountain quail...

I have the Cooper SST's, they are awesome mud tires and the most quiet mud terrain tire I have ever had.

I get my tires at cost, with that said my coopers were barely cheaper than the Bridgestones.

I've had those tires, and they are good tires too.

WH,
The last tires I bought at Costco were the BFGoodrich Radial TA All Terrain. And when my Costco mounted them, they used Nitrogen to inflate them. Allegedly, the pressure will stay constant and the mileage will be better. It allows you to get closer to all game animals.

And you get these cool little green valvestem caps....

Wyodeerhunter, If I coul'dve got the Cooper STT for less than the Bridgestone's I would have. But the Coopers would have been $843. The Bridgestone's from Costco will only be $635. Figured I could spend the $200 on something more important.

Gunner, I probably would have got the BFG's except all I could get in the size I wanted (265/75/16) was the Mud Tire

WH, I had those tires in that exact size on my Dodge before I lifted and put the 35s on it and I have to say they were very quiet on the road but when you got off the road they weren't super great in mud, but what tire besides a mud terrain is? In the snow they seemed to do good tho. You will enjoy them!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back