my gobbler

quail hunter

f8c448d2.jpg

Thanks,

Well to be honest I did'nt weigh him, the beard was around 9" and he had about 3/4 to 1" spurs.
I was more than happy with him...
Just a big mature gobbler

Hello Cameron,
Saw Debbie and Jack the other day, Jacks been fishing alot down at the local golf course.
The turkey was taken up Northern Arizona, not much of a story really, I managed to get him "commando" style, not exactly the way I wanted but.....
The snow was mostly big drifts that had'nt melted yet...
This year my brother and I and his son called one in ,took about 45 minutes or better, we kept moving in on him until finally he decided to come across a canyon to meet the lovely lady, my brothers son had a head shot but he was waiting to see the whole body, my brother had the same shot and he too waited for the body, I never saw him but I heard him gobbling and it was going away so I took off running to the top of the mountain to cut him off, had a problem with getting air at the top, so took a minute to gather myself and he came out about 50 yards in front of me, man you should've seen the look on his face when he saw me :D :D :D :D
Anyhow quail hunt invitation is still open for you if you come down during the season......

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back