Caribou Gear Tarp

My evening walk

Zach

run across this furry creature.

http://youtu.be/k0kevQ7qSFs

Save me the embarrassment and turn the volume down:p

I'd just come up about 200ft elevation change. All I had on me was my iphone and pocket knife. No bear spray in my pack. I just kept my distance and cool and watched.

Pretty cool to see. But would have been better if you jumped on him an got some bare back video!

What a beautiful bear and cool experience you got on film.....Technology is pretty ok sometimes!

I'm in Monument. I hike these trails every night. You might have seen me out there. 98 green 4runner. I got a fuzzy black lab/golden mix, and a big chocolate lab.

Nice one Zach. You might want to start packing something heavy from here out. I used to spend my week day nights in a small travel trailer in Monument when working construction at the Academy. Do they still hold the highschool rodeos on Friday night at the small arena near the old cemetery like they used to? Maybe you know where I'm speaking of, but then this was over 40 years ago.

I'm in Monument. I hike these trails every night. You might have seen me out there. 98 green 4runner. I got a fuzzy black lab/golden mix, and a big chocolate lab.

I didn't see anyone with dogs last night. I'm in a green f250 crew. I'm hiking with a badlands camo pack with a tripod strapped on the rear.

This was Spruce Mountain Open Space. Saw a few deer too...:D

I didn't see anyone with dogs last night. I'm in a green f250 crew. I'm hiking with a badlands camo pack with a tripod strapped on the rear.

Well next time I see you out there I will say hello. I love that area back there, but it sure can get hammered with people.

I'm also on the Front Range Zach, albeit a bit further north. I've been surprised by a few bears up here and am quite thankful there was no recording of my reaction. No gun or bear spray would've scared the bear off like the sound of the female version of my voice did!

Better make sure you don't have a dead catfish in your fanny pack.:)

Better make sure you don't have a dead catfish in your fanny pack.:)
Ken, that's a different pack;)

Well next time I see you out there I will say hello. I love that area back there, but it sure can get hammered with people.

Do, After the bear sighting the wife says to enjoy my hikes alone.:p You can't miss me, I'm the short guy breathing heavy.:D

I thought we were making a date for the incline? Interesting morning up there today. about 10 steps up was a trio of old fogies with their canes. inspirational sure worry some even more...but I passed and let them be. about 1/4 of the way up a nice young lady in a sun dress and sandals...WTF do these people think...pressing on a guy comes running down in his Jesus sandals and I would have really enjoyed watching him catch the toe on something but he managed to keep it upright...then pressing on past the false summit was a nice you black lady similar to one posted on the forum not too long ago with a motorcycle underneath only this one's backside had eating every inch of the shorts she had on leaving quite the spectacle ...as much as I wanted to look away I could not and as much as I am against taking pictures of this kind of persons it was everything I could do to resist. But I did and just gave some words of encouragement as I passed. Beautiful at the top as always and on the run down one beautiful young lady showing off as she ran up the mountain instead of going down....GREAT DAY to be out on the mountain

Last edited:
Hmm. Planning on running the garden of the god ten mile race Sunday morning so I'm sure you could keep up. I'll prob be dead

LOL, this morning my customer continued his worthless streak. Same with facebook, and you guys didn't fare much better :). So I did something useful and went on a ten mile hike up to Baldy and back.

And spooked a nice chocolate bear at 30 yards as I was jogging back.

It hauled ass out of there so I didn't get a picture of it, and I'll spare you the selfie, but the view from the top was acceptable.

Attachments

• IMG_1407_s.jpg
    IMG_1407_s.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 131
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back