Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My boy's first buck!

Colorado GMU 65, public land, after work!
I picked up returned buck tags for the wife and son a month ago and got one down last night! 12 years old and first big game animal. He shot mom's Remington 700 308 with 165s and drilled the shoulder, heart, and 1 lung with 1 shot at 163 yds, uphill, off of shooting sticks. I couldn't have asked for better placement and it went down with 2 steps, great first experience for him. He was stoked for sure but definitely had some mixed feelings about taking a life. I reassured him it is a good thing to feel that way. Mom's 62 tag is left and she missed an absolute giant on Sunday morning....easy 200 in buck with a massive body. Both have 4th season cow tags to fill as well. I got home last night to my daughter asking if it's too late to get her an elk tag also! Having a family that hunts, just lets me hunt more! 20171025_182038.jpg

Raising kids right. Congrats to your son on a dandy first buck.

Nice work! That is a nice fat buck that will eat well.

That's one of the many things I love about Montrose, we're so close to the hunt!

My daughter has the same tag, but she got side tracked this year with "stuff". I dreaded the day when she got too busy to go hunt with Dad, it's here.....

Glad he made a great shot ! Congratulations to both of you guys. Hope your family's success continues this fall with your other tags.

That's awesome!!! Congrats to your boy and a big congrats to you for getting him in the outdoors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back