Caribou Gear Tarp

My best SC Whitetail (They are chasing for sure)

WNC2500

My great uncle is the best example of a man that I have ever had an experience to see live his life out loud. He went home to be with the Lord last Friday AM. He turned 98 on 11/3/20. I have been blessed to be able to hunt with him for most of my life, and to hunt on his land for the last 20 years. I have killed decent bucks on the land over the last few years, but nothing really compared to this buck. He would be happy to know I got this nice buck. He loved seeing them and always enjoyed seeing game camera pictures.
My dad and I walked into the woods yesterday around 2pm and does were working around a good bit throughout the afternoon. Right after the sun went down, there were multiple does running, and I heard a grunt behind me. This buck crossed a trail, and bumped some does out of a thicket. He came by me slowly at around 40 yards. Hornady ELDX did the job. It is hard to believe that deer are chasing with the temperature being in the 70s. I am blessed beyond measure!!

IMG_2334.JPGIMG_2335.JPGIMG_2336.JPGIMG_2337.JPG

My faith in the Lord runs deep and I'm sure your uncle was right there with you on a real nice buck. I've experienced the same hunts like that before and those are some of my best hunting memories. Congratulations on a great hunt.

Opening day of rifle in my part of NC tomorrow. Good to know they are chasing in the Carolinas and congrats on the buck. Sorry about your uncle.

Nice buck, congrats. They were a little late starting the chase this year. We saw em chasing last week as well. I have the week off, looking forward to it. Prayers to you and your family.

Back