My 2020 fall in review

ccc23454

Ok boys been busy since mid august as i do every fall, so havent kept up with whats been going on. Heres some highlights of hunts so far, still have a few tags including a cow near house that i am working to donate to food bank. This fall was a great deer year, elk was disappointing but i think hunting pressure had a lot to do with it. Pressure made this fall a zoo and at times i just didnt want to hunt and deal with it....shame. had my spotting scope and tripod stolen, couldnt camp in spots i have used for years and constantly had people around. I learned "been hunting here for years" means your completely full of shit! I usually see 1 bow hunter in woods all season, one day this year i seen 5! It became so frustrating i wasnt enjoying myself and for first time in my life i felt like i didnt want to be in the woods....but i adjusted and drank more and powered thru it...lol. hopefully next season gets back to "normal". Hosted my annual DAV hunter, this years guy was after his first ever muley, he shot nice 4x4 that i told him he should pass but it was in velevet and blood covered horns got him excited so i said its your tag shot it if what you want. He was excited and so happy with buck, had a euro done and it turned out great and he shows to everyone at his home so good for him. Helped a handicapped fishing buddy get his first bull in years and a great buck, hes so happy with the full freezer as its been a tough year for him. Totals so far are 1 lope buck, 2 bull elk, bunch of deer and more birds than i can count(mostly waterfowl). Bear baits failed to produce much this fall as my zones had so many elk hunters i had dozens of hunters on cam and only few bears, none of either worth shooting. Hope everyone has had/is having great seasons.

You did well...is that an Accumark with Mr Wide? Congrats on a busy productive Fall...
Yes it is, chambered in one of favorite calibers 7mm wby. He is wide, over 33" and just a cool buck, watched all summer. Seen one that would score more but this width was awesome and dont have any others like him. Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back