My 2006 Montana Whitetail

shortside

I am new here, but seem to recognize a few monikers and faces from elsewhere on the web...

I seem to recognize several Montna aboys....

Here's a pic of this year's buck. It was a very short hunt, but knowing the area, it all worked out in my favor, which was good for me, as I am working to complete our house that we started March 2006.

This 5x5 with extras came fom the Townsend area.

447678.jpg
[/url]

Nice deer. Welcome to the site.

You look famliar... and if you had a handle bar mustach I would think your were someone else. You didn't grow up in the Madison Valley by chance?

Congrats! I truly enjoy whitetail hunting in Montana & can't wait to do it again. Nice Buck!

Thanks for the comments. He was shot at last light, so no field pics... Bummer.

Bambistew - I grew up outside of Helena, spent formitive times (College + Grad school) in Bozeman, and do get around the state a fiar bit. I left Bozone in 1998. I "are" and "Enjuneer", currently in the Missoula area. Have lots of friends and acquaintences in and around Gallatin and Madison Valleys, and all over the state, really...

I would like to hunt the Madison some time, as school in Bozeman was short on hunting and long on class work. I love the valley, but have never hunted over there. Obtaining permission on the private lands in the deer country is intimidating to an outsider.

I named my first born Madison Sage after the Indian Creek area; high sage flats, Madison River, everything you could want in the way of hunting and fishng in Montana within 10 miles... She is a great kid too!

Funny you mention Indian Creek. The guy who you look like grew up at the base of the mountian there. I haven't seen him in probably 7-8 years, but you and he could be brothers.

What kind of engineer? I graduated from Butt with a Mining degree but now work in Land development (Civil)... kind of the same thing, still get to rape and pillage the land. LOL

I went in for Civil, wound up with a MS in Civil/Traffic and Transportation option in 1997. I do Highway design work, mostly for Federal Clients (FHWA, NPS, etc).

I got into Civil so I could stay in MT, and got my MS so I would never have to work for a public agency! (LOL)

My company is full service, including a fair amount of land development work, municipal, Survey, GIS, etc...

Whenever you want/need to move back to MT, there is a lot of work here these days!

I get the comment about looking like "a guy from Ennis", or something similar about once a year! Too funny... I need to meet that guy! IF he looks like me, I feel for the poor bastard, that is a curse that I wouldn't wish on anyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back