Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Muley pic

ND Muley Buster

Hey guys Im new to the forum. Heres my muley for this year.
Not to big but I thought he was a heavy 4x4 on both sides!

Attachments

• 2004 hunting season 003_(1).jpg
    2004 hunting season 003_(1).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 2004 hunting season 004_(1).jpg
    2004 hunting season 004_(1).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 189
Nice buck Muley buster. What is the story? Ya gotta love it when they die by the road. ;) :D

ND MuleyBuster,

Good to see mre Nodaks on the site. That is a great deer. Keep us posted when the bow tag finds a home!

Is that called "road hunting" in N Dakota too??? LOL
Not even from the dreaded ATV....
Congrats...That is a good lookin buck...
Gotta luv that mass...
You need to take the photo from the road side so nobody knows your secrets..
Just Joking..
:D

Nice buck ND,
I lived in Bottineau for a couple of years in the late 70's.
I whacked a really nice whitetail in the Turtle Mtns, spanked the geese and ducks.
Kinda miss it once in a while.
WD

The story behind the buck. I spotted him at first light with one other smaller buck and 5 other does, I could tell he was a heavy horned deer and the side I saw was the 4 point side. So after 30 minutes of watching him thinking wether or not i should take him I decided to shoot. One shot through both lungs and he piled over. So it ended up being the second day of the season and I already had my buck. And as luck would have it I saw one that would have scored well over 180 BC that night. My Dad still had a tag to fill by this point so we went after him that Sunday morning, we didnt see the buck we wanted but my Dad ended up taking a 170-175 BC buck. Ill post pics of that one after I scan the pics.
PS I took the pic after we got him back to the truck.

Here are some muleys from the past couple years.

Attachments

• Hunting pics 106_(1).jpg
    Hunting pics 106_(1).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Hunting pics 105_(1).jpg
    Hunting pics 105_(1).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 130
You the man Muleybuster. I am looking forward to seeing more of your hunting pics and your dad's buck as well. Those other two bucks look good as well and the pictures and country are amazing.

Welcome aboard, but remember, Moosie has your soul at 20 posts.

Very nice bucks and country. Hey do those bucks bed up on the ledges or where they just passing threw there? Again congrats.

As you can see there are some dense evergreen tree patches on the sides of the buttes, well thats where they tend to bed down during the day. But you can catch them bedded on open faced buttes and thats how we got my Dads big one. We caught him sunning himself on a cold morning. I bet he wished he never would have done that! |oo :D
But these big bastards out here sure know how to put the slip on yeah. Between swirling winds down in the bottom of the canyons and rocks falling while you try to scale the side of one of the many steep canyon walls it sure makes a challenging hunt but thata whyI love hunting muleys so damn much!

Congrats and welcome muley buster. Do you have any close up pictures of this years deer? He sure looks pretty heavy on that one side.

LAter,

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back