Caribou Gear Tarp

Mule deer scouting

hardscrabble

Since everyone else from ND is posting scouting pictures I thought I would try and keep up. I have only made one trip out so far this year and I am going again in a couple weeks. It is amazing how green it is this year and I am pumped to have a rifle tag. Muley 1 has been out more than I have and neither of us have found the SPS buck that I would love to put my tag on.

All these pictures are from the 4th. of July weekend.

This guy has baseball bats for back forks....
Scouting 2010 (36).jpg

Scouting 2010 (43).jpg

Scouting 2010 (42).jpg

Scouting 2010 (40).jpg

A young buck with a cheater
Scouting 2010 (44).jpg

Scouting 2010 (30).jpg

A few others
Scouting 2010 (20).jpg

Scouting 2010 (34).jpg

Scouting 2010 (24).jpg

Nice looking deer.. we don't see many like that here in cal. There are a few though..

Great Picts

When are you headed out again? Do you bowhunt out there as well? Good luck and keep posting! I just love that land...

When are you headed out again? Do you bowhunt out there as well? Good luck and keep posting! I just love that land...

I should make it out to scout again in a week. I do bowhunt and will be out opening weekend. Good luck to you too on this falls hunts!

Hardscrabble,

This is a great year to have your mulie rifle tag. You should have opportunities at some great deer in November.

Finding these bucks is one thing, but getting close enough during archery season to take one with a bow is another thing entirely. I hope we all get some opportunities at good bucks this fall.

I received a tip on a bruiser from one of the ranchers in my area. I will be out there the last weekend of Aug. to try and locate him. Good luck with your next scouting trip and post pictures.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me. I forgot until a couple days after the opening date for mule deer archery tags. Apparently a couple days was a couple too many.

Good luck fellas. Looking forward to hearing some stories and seeing some pics.

I finally was able to make it out and check my trail camera. I was hoping to find a little more on it but something is better than nothing.
Trail Cam 2010.jpg

Trail Cam 2010 (4).jpg

Trail Cam 2010 (5).jpg

I found two good buck right at dark. The pictures did not turn out well due to the poor light.
Scouting 8-21-10 (6).jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back