Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mule deer photo

Jack O'Conner

This is my first digital hunt photo so hoping it is easy to see.

I located this 5 X 5 with my binoculars. White River breaks of western South Dakota. This is rough country just east of Badlands National Park.

The buck was dozing on a south east facing hillside. After a long J-shaped stalk I managed to get within approx. 125 yards. I cranked up the scope to 6X and settled into a sitting position. One 150 gr core-lockt through the neck did the job. The bullet tore through neck vertebrae and exited ruining the cape for mounting.

Scope is a Simmons 2X to 7X Pro Hunter model from cheaper than dirt. I bought this Glenfield 30-30 carbine in 1978 and have had much good luck with it. Not for sale.
Jack
PS I took my orange cap off for the photo.

http://www.cartogra.com/sessions/283071555817/29574404lg.jpg

great story jack.welcome back havent seen you in awhile. your picture wont display. if you send it to me or someone with a photo album they can post it for you.congrats on the buck.

I am looking forward to seeing the picture Jack. That is some beautiful and rugged country. I used to work for Badlands NP in the '90s and really miss that country sometimes.

Congrats on the Buck!

Love the way the rifle looks and if it shoots that well I would never sell it either!
cool.gif

I had no problem seeing the pic
cool.gif

I am not sure what the problem is Elkhunter. I can't see it from the link Jack posted, but I can see the image under my post. Apparently no one else can.
confused.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back