Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wild hog hunt

T.R.

I hunted with a guide for about 6 hours and stalked 3 groups of hogs but they ran off through the forest without providing a good shot. After lunch we lucked out and spotted this sow sleeping in a shallow pit. I spotted it first with my Bushnell 10X binoculars. All I could see were her shoulders and head. I stalked within about 70 yards by keeping a large tree between me and the hog. When I reached the tree, I checked to see my scope setting was on 4X, steadied my rifle, and shot this animal through the head. It never knew what happened, a clean kill shot. 30-30 is a keeper!

Florida has an abundance of wild hogs which can be hunted in many areas. This hunt took place along the Suwannee River in north Florida.

For those folks interested in details:
- Mossberg 464 carbine in 30-30 with angle-eject
- Simmons Pro Hunter scope featuring 2 to 7X settings
- Winchester Power Point ammo featuring 170 grain bullet
- Hog weighed about 120 lbs

TR

Attachments

• hog 4.JPG
    hog 4.JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 28
  • hog 1.JPG
    hog 1.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 28
I hunted with a guide for about 6 hours and stalked 3 groups of hogs but they ran off through the forest without providing a good shot. After lunch we lucked out and spotted this sow sleeping in a shallow pit. I spotted it first with my Bushnell 10X binoculars. All I could see were her shoulders and head. I stalked within about 70 yards by keeping a large tree between me and the hog. When I reached the tree, I checked to see my scope setting was on 4X, steadied my rifle, and shot this animal through the head. It never knew what happened, a clean kill shot. 30-30 is a keeper!

Florida has an abundance of wild hogs which can be hunted in many areas. This hunt took place along the Suwannee River in north Florida.

For those folks interested in details:
- Mossberg 464 carbine in 30-30 with angle-eject
- Simmons Pro Hunter scope featuring 2 to 7X settings
- Winchester Power Point ammo featuring 170 grain bullet
- Hog weighed about 120 lbs

TR
Awesome!

Back